It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC SCM API for delivering a changeset by associating a workitem and adding the comment.

Jazzuser user (681050) | asked Jul 21 '17, 4:51 a.m.

Hello all,

Is there any API that i can use to associate a workitem and deliver the changeset to the component ?

As of now, I am able to create a changeset and checkin. but the changesets are not delivered.

Please suggest on the SCM API that delivers the changeset by associating a workitem and adding the comment.

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 21 '17, 6:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I responded to your earlier post https://jazz.net/forum/questions/241981/is-it-possible-to-deliver-a-given-file-as-a-changeset-to-a-component-instead-of-creating-the-file-and-then-copying-the-contents-in-rtc-scm?utm_campaign=forum&utm_medium=email&utm_source=forum-new-question&utm_content=forum-question

I am not sure if you tried it or if you had any issues with it. I don't believe there is one api to do it but you could try the below api's.

IWorkspaceConnection#deliver()

IFileSystemWorkItemManager#createLink()

IWorkspaceManager#setComment()

Jazzuser user selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jazzuser user commented Jul 21 '17, 8:38 a.m.

Thanks for the reply Shashi.....somehow i missed to get the notification on your comment. I will surely try with the APIs you provided.

Thanks again. :)

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 21 '17, 6:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no API that delivers if you link a workitem or add a comment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.