It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to capture/store/buffer the workitem ID in the create link pop-up

Amit Garg (311949) | asked Jun 05 '17, 9:23 a.m.

We add a link to a workitem 'Add related Change Request' and it opens up a pop-up to either create or link to existing object(CR) in another tool (Enovia).

How do we capture/store/buffer the workitem ID info in the pop-up beforehand so that once we hit the save button, it links to the same workitem from where the link was invoked. 

Currently, it create the CR in the third party tool but doesn't link to the RTC workitem. We are using RTC 6.0.3.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jun 05 '17, 10:45 p.m.

Basically you want to pre-fill the dialog with some values. Does the dialog, which should be the Creation Dialog from Enovia, accept such attributes?

Amit Garg commented Jun 06 '17, 2:22 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Enovia won't store the attribute information but there is a adapter we are building (java code) between RTC and Enovia which should store the information while the link is getting created.

I'm unable to attach a screenshot as I need 60 reputation points to do so. However its the same as the persistent showed the integration demo in interconnect (page 24 - Choose existing or create new ECR ), just in case its available with you. 

Donald Nong commented Jun 07 '17, 1:30 a.m.

Sorry I don't have further details about it. Maybe you need to contact the person who did the demo.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.