It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Config File (RQM) causes associated test script to unlink

Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | asked Apr 06 '17, 5:20 a.m.

Hi

I need some help regarding a custom config file I created to work with the RQM Excel Importer. Basically, this is the scenario.

- Config file to push results directly into TCER's
- TCER has an assocaited test case and test script.

This works perfectly with the following config file :

executionresult.XLSStartRow=2 
executionresult.XLSDelimeter=\n 
executionresult.executionworkitem=Link(B) 
executionresult.dc:title=C
executionresult.jzalm:state=F

Now, the problem occurs after I import the results. The TCER which has an associated test script linked to it get unassigned only after the import. I have to manually choose the test script again to link it to the TCER.

Please advise if there is anything I missed out on my config file that is causing this behavior.

Thanks,
Leesen

Comments
Don Yang commented Apr 07 '17, 12:10 a.m.

Does the config file contains only

executionresult.XLSStartRow=2 
executionresult.XLSDelimeter=\n 
executionresult.executionworkitem=Link(B) 
executionresult.dc:title=C
executionresult.jzalm:state=F

What is in column 'B': executionresult.executionworkitem=Link(B) ,
TCER id?

What is RQM and RQMExcelImporter version?

Leesen Padayachee commented Apr 07 '17, 4:45 a.m.

Hi Don

Yes, that is how my config file is setup. Column B is the full ID of the TCER exported directly from RQM. It works perfectly, the result gets populated, from the test script defaults to none after export. Both RQM 6.0 with Imported version 6.0.

Don Yang commented Apr 10 '17, 5:51 a.m.

I am not sure why. this seems to happen when using ExcelImporter. If you go to TCER view, you may see the script is showing up there in the column of TCER as if it is fine. When you open the TCER itself, you may see the script is not set and need to manually select it.

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Apr 11 '17, 4:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Don,

It should be consistent form TCER view and TCER itself, if you are seeing stated behavior please include steps to reproduce and raise defect.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.