It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Select all the enumeration values as "All" option are selected.

Anurag Patel (21363) | asked Sep 28 '16, 2:59 a.m.
I have created attribute of type "Enumeration List" and added all the required values in the list of enumeration.
My requirement is there is one option in the list as 'All'. When we select this option (All) in the list then other data should be selected in enumeration list. 
Is this possible? How can I achieve this functionality in CCM.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 29 '16, 2:20 a.m.
You're asking for a "control", which I don't think exists.

You can consider these two options.
1. Just make one of the enumeration values with the meaning "All". This means that as long as this value is selected, it _means_ all other values are also selected.
2. Use the simple technique when using the Picker Enumeration List - click on the value at the top of the list, scroll down to the bottom, and Shift-Click on the value at the bottom. This way all the values are selected.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anurag Patel commented Sep 29 '16, 3:56 a.m.

Thanks Donald for the reply.

We consider the above options and also looking for the selection of all the values as 'All' is selected in enumeration list. Can we achieve this using follow up like 'All' is selected then using follow up we can save whole list of enumeration list data.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 29 '16, 4:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can likely have a special "all" literal and if it is selected run a follow up action that saves all other literals in the enumeration list attribute.

Anurag Patel commented Oct 03 '16, 1:35 a.m. | edited Oct 04 '16, 2:43 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Do you have any reference to update the Enumeration List type of attribute using server api's.
I tried to save literal object and getting "java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String incompatible with java.util.Collection"
Please provide me some usefull links if you have.

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 04 '16, 2:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It should be basically the same as described in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/manipulationg-work-item-enumeration-values/ .

Use IWorkItemCommon instead of IWorkItemClient.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.