It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to read RTC Eclipse preferences using the Java API?

Krasimir Malchev (56531) | asked Sep 20 '16, 8:28 a.m.

How can I read the values in the Window>Preferences>Team>Jazz Source Control>External Compare Tools preference page?

In particular I am interested to find if the checkbox "Use an external compare tool as the default open action" is selected and the name of the selected 2-way compare tool there.

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | answered Sep 20 '16, 8:39 a.m.
You can try to export the Eclipse preferences and it should look like below

/instance/org.eclipse.ui.ide/IMPORT_FILES_AND_FOLDERS_VIRTUAL_FOLDER_MODE=prompt
/instance/com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core/com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.SandboxListening=true
/instance/com.ibm.team.filesystem.ide.ui/external_compare_tool_merge_executable_path_pref_key_Beyond\ Compare=C\:\\Program Files\\Beyond Compare 4\\BComp.exe
/instance/com.ibm.team.filesystem.ide.ui/external_compare_previously_selected_compare_tool=Beyond Compare
/instance/com.ibm.team.filesystem.ide.ui/external_compare_default_tool_preference_key=true
Krasimir Malchev selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Krasimir Malchev commented Sep 20 '16, 10:14 a.m. | edited Sep 20 '16, 10:19 a.m.

Hello Karthik.
   Thanks for your answer!
   Indeed, I exported the preferences: File>Export>General>Preferences
   From the dump I found the node ids I was interested in
   I saw that there are several types of preferences (instance, configuration, etc. A nice tutorial can be found here: http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipsePreferences/article.html).
     // org.eclipse.core.runtime.preferences
      InstanceScope instScope = InstanceScope.INSTANCE;
      IEclipsePreferences extCmpToolNode =
          instScope.getNode( "com.ibm.team.filesystem.ide.ui" );
      boolean openExtCmpToolByDefault = extCmpToolNode.getBoolean(
                             "external_compare_default_tool_preference_key", false);

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.