It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add custom non-attribute-based presentation to work item editor presentations ?

Daniel Reguero (1116) | asked Sep 06 '16, 3:50 p.m.
edited Nov 02 '16, 12:02 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 This tutorial teaches me how to add a custom attribute presentation to my Eclipse IDE and Web UI version of RTC.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ContributingAttributePresentations

I am curious however, how does one add their own custom non-attribute-based presentation ? Every guide I see teaches how to add a custom attribute presentation. Say I want to make my own custom version of the non-attribute presentation "Links/Out of the Box Links" (see here for the Links Presentation https://jazz.net/library/article/130#presentations). How would I go about doing this ? 

Comments
Nate Decker commented Nov 02 '16, 10:56 a.m.

I'm interested in this question too. I note that the library article draws a distinction between an "attributePart" and a "presentationPart". Perhaps the trick is to use the presentationPart somehow?

I feel like that article could use some fleshing out a little bit more. I still don't even understand how to deploy the presentation. Does it need to be deployed in each user's eclipse client installation for instance? I assume it needs to be done on the server somehow and then it will just become available for connected clients, but how is it deployed on the server?

I hope you get a response. I've subscribed to this question.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 02 '16, 12:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A custom attribute presentation is an extension to the RTC server AND the RTC Eclipse client. Once deployed in the server and the clients, it will be available for configuration like any other attribute presentation.

permanent link
Prasad B (11) | answered Jun 21 '21, 6:58 a.m.

hi ,

i'm looking for is there a way to make a 'non attribute presentation field' as a mandatory field in a work item. 

my use case is i want to have 'Story' as a Mandatory link for a 'task' work item. i'm using the non attribute based presentation. Any scripts if you have also, please let me know...

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 21 '21, 7:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Prasad, please create your own question instead of answering an unrelated (or related) question from someone else.

Prasad B commented Jun 21 '21, 7:30 a.m.

oops sorry..i though it has relation...no issues i'll create a new one  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.