It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error encountered upon clicking "Explore Project" in relm 6.0.2

Saqib Niaz (71923) | asked Jun 09 '16, 5:52 a.m.
I have created a project in my local jazz installation in relm. Assigned a user to it. When I click "Explore Project", it navigates to the project page and shows following error:

Error!

An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: CRJAZ0977I The "com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation.enterprise-v3" server license policy does not allow the "com.ibm.50.relm.login" operation.

Besides other licenses i have also assigned Rational Engineering Lifecyle-user-floating license to my user.

Can somebody help with this problem

Accepted answer

permanent link
John Carolan (71616) | answered Jun 09 '16, 7:13 a.m.
edited Jun 09 '16, 7:15 a.m.
Hi Saqib,

The error message you are seeing is because your user has been assigned an old version of the RELM User license.

When you generate the RELM license in IBM License Key Center you need to select "v6.0 IBM Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager Floating Activation Kit" from the drop down listbox.

The default selection is for RELM version 1.0 and that license won't work with RELM 5.x or 6.x versions. 

I hope that helps.

John
Saqib Niaz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Saqib Niaz commented Jun 09 '16, 7:28 a.m.

Hi John,
I think you have nailed the problem. We have looked into our License Key Center account but are unable to find v6.0 RELM Floating Activation Kit option. We can only generate license v 1.0. Does it need some special activation from IBM?

2 other answers

permanent link
John Carolan (71616) | answered Jun 09 '16, 7:39 a.m.
edited Jun 09 '16, 7:41 a.m.
Hi Saqib,
When I look at the LKC for my account I can see 3 options for floating kits:
  RELM LKC options

You might need to check with your IBM Sales rep that your order was processed properly so that you can see the same options.  If there is no problem there, the best thing to do would be to open a Service Request ticket with IBM Licensing Support and get them to check for you.

Best Regards,

John

Comments
Saqib Niaz commented Jun 09 '16, 11:08 a.m.

Thanks for a quick reply.
Our LKC interface is very different than yours. We can't see the page that you attached as a screenshot.
Can you please tell url of this page? or can you please tell the way to reach at this interface?
Regards,
Saqib

John Carolan commented Jun 09 '16, 11:27 a.m.

Hi Saqib,

The screenshot above is the page after I select Get Keys for "IBM Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager" and then select the License Key Name "IBM RATIONAL ENGINEERING LIFECYCLE MANAGER (FLT) SINGLE INSTALL LIC"
and then click Next to generate the keys.
Then I have the option to select the version. 
That's the LKC UI as described in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMYeXzF9F2U

If you have a different UI, then it's probably best you check with the License Support team and ask them to guide you through it: https://licensing.subscribenet.com/control/ibmr/manualsupport

Good luck!

John

permanent link
Graham Bleakley (611) | answered Jan 02 '17, 2:17 p.m.
Good response John, this just worked for me. Surprised to find it a solution for this so easily.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.