It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create Stream not available

Greg King (134) | asked Jun 07 '16, 11:06 a.m.
I created a Project in the sandbox to investigate the usage of streams and change sets.  I understood that CM was/is enabled in the project (I see projects in Change and Change Management, Quality Management, Requirements Management, and Design Management) but I do not see the "Create Stream" or "Create Change Set" links under Current Configuration as I expected to see based on tutorials/demos.  Instead I only see the same "Switch Configuration", "Create Baseline", and "Compare Configuration" links that I see in my "real" installation of RM with CM.  I have adjusted the permissions in the project to permit managing baselines, streams, and change sets but all I can see/manage are baselines.  How do I configure the sandbox project to permit creation/management of streams and change sets?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Jun 07 '16, 11:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Greg,

I think Daniel answered this question in this post:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/207423/enable-configuration-management-doors-ng-sandbox-version

That answer is a little old, but in essence you have to select 6.0.3 as the latest release in development rather than 6.0.2 in the sandbox.

Please let us know if this doesn't resolve your issues and sorry for any confusion,
Paul

Comments
Greg King commented Jun 07 '16, 12:01 p.m.

Thank you for the explanation.  However, the "You'll be trying out .." selection at https://jazz.net/project/sandbox only shows "6.0.2 Latest Release" and is not modifiable.  Am I in the wrong place? How do I access 6.0.3?  I have cleared the browser cache and reloaded the page as suggested in the linked post with no change.

Paul Ellis commented Jun 07 '16, 12:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Greg,

There are two selection options just above that release checker.  If you select one of them then 2 additional options will come up, one will be 6.0.3 with Configuration Management

Cheers,
Paul

Greg King commented Jun 07 '16, 1:08 p.m.

I had previously selected the second option (build integrated systems ...) with the result previously documented.  After returning and selecting the first option instead I was able to see and select other options.

Greg King commented Jun 07 '16, 1:51 p.m.

So now I am unable to create a new project using "6.0.3 M2 with Configuration Management".  I deleted the former Project and attempted to create a new one with this selection.  I immediately receive a "Permission Denied - Your account does not have the group memberships required to access the requested resource."  If this is a valid error message is it possible to gain the required group membership to create this sandbox project?  Or is there a cycle time after deleting a project before being able to create a new one?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.