It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Manage external data option not available on Rational Insight

Jorge Alarcon (411022) | asked May 25 '16, 6:56 p.m.
Hi

We have a Rational Insight 1.1.1.7 and users are trying to use the option "Manage External Data" on Report Studio but the green button is not available for them.

I have administrator rights and I'm able to see this option.

I went to:
              Cognos administration -> Security -> Capabilities -> Report Studio -> Set permissions
and added the group JazzUsers and granted all permissions also on "Allow external Data" but the green icon is still not appaearing for users, only to administrator.

Can you please advice?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Cathy Xu (390515) | answered May 25 '16, 11:13 p.m.
Hi Jorge,

Please try the following steps:

- In IBM Cognos Connection, navigate to Public Folders, select a specific Package, or a Folder containing this specific package
- Select the Set Properties icon
- Select the Capabilities tab
- Add the User or the Group that this user is a Member of, if not added already
- Select the check box next to the User or the Group and check the Grant check box for Allow External Data along with Report Studio
- Select OK

Secured Functions and Features and Object Capabilities are combined to control access. Granting access to the Function/Feature using Capability page on the Security tab in IBM Cognos Administration is not enough.
Jorge Alarcon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.