It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Review-related comments of artifacts in a module

Sandro Barone (2515) | asked Mar 11 '16, 2:11 a.m.
Hello everybody
Actually we are making a concept to use Doors NG (actual: version 6.0.1) instead of requisite pro in our company.
I have some questions / unclarities concerning Reviews:
When we work with the requirements, we use modules. Those modules have to be reviewed, and the reviewers should be able to comment each included artifact within the module, if necessary.
My problem is, that if a review will be started from a module, only this artifact (type: module) is in the review. And a comment from a reviewer or approver can only be written for this artifact (a module comment). What i need is, that a reviewer can comment any finding in the related artifact WITHIN the module (artifact comments). This is actually possible - when opening the module in the review, a reviewer is able to comment a specific artifact. BUT this artifact comment is not related with the review. This is exactly what i would need: a relation from an artifact comment to the review. There is a filter in the view of the comments "Show only comments for active reviews" - but this filter does not work for the artifact comments that had be written in a review inside a module.
What I expected is, that even if I start a review of a module, every included artifact should be able to be commented with "review with comment", like as i start the review of a collection.
Do you know, if this behavior would be changed in one of the next versions? In my opinion this is a handicap and should be improved - it would help me to launch doors next generation in our company... ;-)
Or do you have any workaround for me, to achieve a relationship between my review related artifact comments and the review?
Thank you very much for your help!
Lot of greetings from Switzerland!
Sandro

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dominic Tulley (38114) | answered Mar 15 '16, 5:56 a.m.
Hi Sandro,
Carlton has found the right information.  There are enhancements in our planning space to provide the capability you desire.  However, they are not currently in a plan for implementation.
You are very welcome to add a comment to one or both expressing your desire for the feature and providing any business case you wish to share.  This can lead to a raised priority for the item if the business case is strong enough or enough customers request the same feature.
Sandro Barone selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sandro Barone commented Mar 17 '16, 11:42 a.m.

Hi Dominic

Thank you for this information.

I will do it, as you proposed with comments to the linked items from Carlton.

One other answer

permanent link
Carlton Knight (16112) | answered Mar 11 '16, 9:35 a.m.

Comments
Sandro Barone commented Mar 14 '16, 1:42 a.m.

Hello Carlton

Thank you very much for these helpful links. As I read, IBM is still working on this issue - but I could not find out, if it will be implemented or not and if yes: in witch version of the tool.

For the moment , I let this question open and hope, someone from IBM could answer the question about the implementation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.