It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install IBM CLM on windows .?

Arshad Ahamed (1125) | asked Mar 04 '16, 12:49 a.m.
 Hi i have down loaded CLM suite from IBM site.Now i need to install , but i couldn't find anything more than a lauch pad. Whatever i try to select there no use.
  •   I need to install Rational Doors Next Generation and Rational Quality Manager .

How to install and work on this . I tried and there isn't any tutorial or guide available for installing this ..?

Can anyone help me on this :(

4 answers

permanent link
Ted Mayer (47649) | answered Mar 07 '16, 9:17 a.m.

Hi Arshad,

Once you start CLM on Windows, by following the procedure in the following documentation below:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_start_liberty.html?cp=SSYMRC_6.0.1&lang=en

If you have not done so already, you will need to perform the setup of CLM, and if this is testing purposes, you can click the link below to quickly create a CLM environment:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_running_express_setup.html?cp=SSYMRC_6.0.1&lang=en

If this is for a production environment using, you can follow the link below:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_wizard.html?cp=SSYMRC_6.0.1&lang=en

After the setup has been completed, you can then review the link below to get an overview of CLM, and you will also find video examples how to create sample project areas in CLM for testing purposes.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.help.common.jazz.calm.doc/topics/c_node_overview.html?lang=en

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Ted

permanent link
Håkan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Mar 04 '16, 2:12 a.m.
I think the best is if you follow the interactive installation guide here, give it 10-20 seconds to lod and check the appropriate check boxes and get your instructions: Interactive installation guide

permanent link
Ted Mayer (47649) | answered Mar 04 '16, 2:13 a.m.

Hello Arshad,

When you have downloaded CLM install (https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/6.0.1/CLM-Web-Installer-Win-6.0.1.zip) from jazz.net, the Launchpad.exe will link to the CLM applications that you would like to install (DNG and RQM), you can find information on installing CLM from the following link:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_im.html?cp=SSYMRC_6.0.1&lang=en

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ted

Comments
Arshad Ahamed commented Mar 07 '16, 5:02 a.m. | edited Mar 07 '16, 5:03 a.m.

HI ted

Thanks for the reply. I installed CLM suite and after that i really dunno from where to start and how to make it work..? Is there any proper tutorial for "How to use CLM in windows machine  or something like how to get started and work..!! 

permanent link
paulnevin thomas (11) | answered Mar 04 '16, 2:59 a.m.
 1.       Download either the web installer or the Installation Manager repository package for your platform.

2.       Extract the .zip file to a temporary directory. To avoid issues, do not use long paths and directories that have spaces in their names.

3.       Install by using either the web installer or the Installation Manager repository package.

i)                    To install by using the web installer:

•                                   

a.    Open the directory that you extracted the .zip file to, and run the launchpad executable file. The launchpad opens.

Note: If you want to install the product as a non-root user on UNIX systems or as a non-administrator on Windows systems, from the Select user mode for Installation Manager list, select Non-Administrator. When you select Non-Administrator, the software packages will be installed in the user's directory and the package group will be named My IBM Collaboration Lifecycle Management.

b.    Follow the steps in the launchpad to continue the installation. As you follow the steps in the launchpad, Installation Manager opens to install the software packages. For installation tips, see the "Tips" section in this topic.

• To install by using the Installation Manager repository package:

a.    Start Installation Manager.

If you do not have a supported version of Installation Manager, you can obtain it from  or download the web installer, which includes the latest version of Installation Manager.

b.    Click File > Preferences, and then select Add Repository.

c.    To specify the repository location, browse to the directory where you downloaded the .zip file and open therepository.config file.

d.    Click OK, and then click Install to start the installation process.

e.    Follow the instructions in Installation Manager to complete the installation. For installation tips, see the next "Tips" note.

• Optional: To install the , which supports Jazz Security Architecture single sign-on (SSO) authentication as an alternative to Kerberos SSO authentication, WebSphere Application Server SSO authentication, or Apache Tomcat SSO authentication, in the left pane of launchpad application, under Install the Server, select Install Jazz Authorization Server. Then, on the Jazz Authorization Server page, click Install the Jazz Authorization Server.

Important: Once an application is configured with Jazz Security Architecture SSO enabled, it cannot be simply disabled; you cannot revert to a different 

RS Next Generation browser add-on is not supported.

Restriction: Installation of the Jazz Authorization Server on IBM i and z/OS systems is not supported.

• When the installation is complete, in the "Which program do you want to start" section, make sure that the Documentation to configure the server for new or upgrade installations check box is selected, and then click Finish. The product documentation opens to a page that includes the next steps to configure the server. The instructions include upgrading, setting up databases other than the default Apache Derby database, setting up WebSphere Application Server, and running the setup wizard.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.