It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item categories configuration for Plan column 'Filed Against'

Vicky Pagnaer (63231) | asked Jan 27 '16, 3:34 a.m.
 Is there any way to configure the work item categories so that the column Filed Against in any plan can be customized?

Current situation:
* rtc 5.0.1 - web client
* category structure (example):
  • Unassigned
    • Team 1
    • Team 2
      • Developers
      • Analysts
      • Testers
    • Team 3
      • Developers
      • Analysts
      • Testers
Plus, there are some archived categories (not shown here). 

*Question 1*
The Plan view column 'Filed Against' shows the following dropdown:
--- 
Team 1
Unassigned
Team 2
More
--- 
This is a really short list! The Owned By column shows at least ten results in the dropdown - can this be changed? This would eliminate question 3 :-)

*Question 2*
Can I change the order of the categories? In the configuration screen Unassigned is the root and Team 1 & Team 2 are below it, but in the dropdown they are shown as one level and in a weird order (not the same as in the configuration screen).

*Question 3*
The More link in the dropdown opens a pop-up which shows ALL categories, even the archived ones. Can this be turned off or is that a bug? We don't want our team to choose archived categories... Is there a workaround possible by changing the associated team area to a dummy team area or something?

Comments
Vicky Pagnaer commented Jan 27 '16, 3:36 a.m.

PS: the plan is configured on Project Area level, to show all work items.

Other plans limit the amount of visible categories based on the chosen team area in the plan, so the problem doesn't occur there...

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 27 '16, 9:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. As I recall, that list is computed from recently referenced categories.   If you want a different algorithm to be used to compute that list, you would need to decide how you'd want it computed, and then submit that as an enhancement request.

2. Similar to #1, decide how you'd want it displayed, and submit as an enhancement request.

3. I personally would consider this a bug ... I'd submit a defect on this one.
Vicky Pagnaer selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.