It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Estimate attribute in RTC

Vidya Jothiraman (3313) | asked Jan 06 '16, 3:56 a.m.
Hi

In RTC task workitem, we have default estimate field which is of type "duration". We have a requirement where we need to have three estimate fields (for eg, development estimate, QA Review estimate, Peer Review estimate) and three should have different values entered.

So i created different estimate attributes of type duration. But now when i modify the default estimate field, the same value gets updated in other estimates also.

Any help on this?

Attached screenshot

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 06 '16, 4:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 06 '16, 4:03 a.m.
I have been able to add multiple attributes of type duration without any issues. The only hint in your case, maybe: You have to add an editor presentation for each of them. You can not use the same presentation that is used for the estimate attributes three times. The presentation used for estimates is also a special one that actually works across multiple attributes too and is hard coded for the ID of the attribute.

See:

https://jazz.net/library/article/130/

https://jazz.net/library/article/129

Comments
Vidya Jothiraman commented Jan 06 '16, 4:22 a.m. | edited Jan 06 '16, 4:34 a.m.

Hi Ralph

yes i added a presentation for each item i created.

I goto add presentation-> Attribute-based presentation->
Attribute is "Development Attribute" (The one i created with type as duration)
Type "Time Estimates"

But if i edit default estimate field, this customised one is also getting modified.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 06 '16, 4:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, as I wrote, you can not use the presentation "Time Estimates" as this is a presentation that is hard coded. You must use "Time Duration"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.