It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using JavaScript API to set the display of an embedded artifact to “Show only the artifact content”

Jacob Mayer (111) | asked Dec 26 '15, 11:54 p.m.
DNG lets you insert RM artifacts within the text of other RM artifacts. By default, the name of the inserted artifact gets displayed. The UI lets you select “Show only the artifact content” to show the inserted artifacts primary text. Can this display option be set using the JavaScript API?

Picture of the "Show only the artifact content" I referred to:

One answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Dec 28 '15, 6:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jacob,

Not sure what you mean by JavaScript API? Is that using the RM Client Extensions or doing a REST call to the server?

Anyway, as far as I can see, this function is specific to the RM web UI. When I enable primary text for the inserted artifact in the module view, and logout and login again, I loose the primary text when looking at the inserted artifact again. So think that 'setting/option' is not stored, hence cannot be set.

Comments
Jacob Mayer commented Dec 29 '15, 5:45 p.m.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I created an enhancement request 103020 for the RM Client Extension. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.