It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Howto change email address of a user to "unknown" with repotools-jts?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | asked Dec 18 '15, 7:01 a.m.
Dear all,

we manage the user DB with help of external script which feeds repotool-jts. This we need because we have multiple LDAP base in our company and use federated repo in WAS.

Now we have the problem, to change email address of users in the DB to "unknown".

We tried following command:
%JTSrepotoolPath%\repotools-jts.bat -createUser userId=imp_buildaccount@dom1.company.net name=imp_buildaccount emailAddress=unknown repositoryURL=%JTSHostURL%

Unfortunately the email address is not set to "unknown" like written in the help of repotool.
On the other hand the same command with a valid email address is set the email address in the user DB correctly. So the command is correct, but the keyword "unknown" seems to be wrong.

Any clue?

regards
Guido

2 answers

permanent link
Roberto Sanchez Herrera (2862) | answered Dec 18 '15, 11:21 a.m.
Hello,
Since you did not mention which version you are using, I will use the 6.0.1 documentation.

In the documentation (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_repotools_createuser.html?lang=en), I see the default value of emailAddress is unknown. Have you tried running the command without specifying the emailAddress parameter?

You say that If you specify emailAddress=unknown, the email-address is not set to unknown. Which value is the emailAddress set then?

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Feb 05 '16, 3:23 p.m.
edited Feb 05 '16, 3:25 p.m.
Repotool is no able to do this. It always checks for an "at" character in the email. So there is no methode from cmdline to reset an email address to unknow.

I filed a RFE against.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.