It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Poblem with BIRT Report for RTC

Rodrigo Gonzato (314) | asked Nov 09 '15, 6:22 a.m.
I need to create a report listing the WorkItems and present the sum of the estimate of children.

My problem:

I have a dataset of LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT table with (WI_ITEMID, WI_ID, SUMMARY, WI_TYPE) and another dataset of the LINKS table with (SOURCE_ITEMID and TARGET_ITEMID).

Crei one Join Dataset between WI_ITEMID and SOURCE_ITEMID, but did not get any results. Probably due because the query record limit .

Any idea how to solve this?

3 answers

permanent link
Bill Taylor (1441535) | answered Nov 09 '15, 8:04 a.m.
The trick is to apply filters on both of the data sets, which is not feasible with the LINKS table. You could try the LIVE_SNAPSHOT table com.ibm.team.links.AuditableLink, which at least allows you to filter on type but that won't be enough if the repository is large. Or you could try the LIVE_SNAPSHOT table com.ibm.team.linkClosure.Relation, which extracts ancestors/descendants rather than parents/children but lets you filter on project area, type and more.The alternative is to script it

Comments
Rodrigo Gonzato commented Nov 10 '15, 6:55 a.m.

It is not possible to use the advanced dataset for the links and use the filter TARGET_ITEMID IN WI_ITEMID?

I found a similar example, but it does not show how to do.

Any suggestion

permanent link
Bill Taylor (1441535) | answered Nov 10 '15, 11:28 a.m.
I assume you have tried target.itemId in WI_ITEMID. If that doesn't work, have you tried creating a simple data set?

permanent link
Rodrigo Gonzato (314) | answered Nov 11 '15, 6:57 a.m.
Both does not work. Background of the problem is:

Must list all Storys of a team, with sum of all children estimates.
Example:
Story 001 | Summary
_____________________ Task 002 | Summary | Estimate
_____________________ Task 003 | Summary | Estimate
___________________________________ΣTaskstimate    

Story 004 | Summary
_____________________ Task 005 | Summary | Estimate
_____________________ Task 006 | Summary | Estimate

___________________________________ΣTaskstimate    

Option 1:
Retrieving linked items with nested tables. Do not work because each child was in a separate table and therefore it was not possible to make the sum of estimates.

Option 2:
Do Children Dataset Join (Parent Dataset Join Links Dataset).Do not work because jazz query result set is limited
and therefore (Parent Join Links) does not return results.

Workaround idea for Option 2: 
Create Advanced Dataset for Links and use this filter SOURCE_ITEMID IN "PARENT DATASET"

Its is Possible?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.