Java provided attribute doesn't populate value set on modifying of work item
Hi all,
I've created a Java provided attribute for a work item that provides a value set by looking at two other attributes (enumerations) from the same/current work item which together form a directory path that the java provided attribute will create a value set using the names of files nested in that directory. It works well if a work item is created for the first time however on modifying the work item, it fails to populate the set so a new value can be selected.
I'm not sure how to have the java provided re-populate the set so a new value can be selected. I have de-bugged it and seen that when it tries to get the values of the two enumeration attributes that it returns an empty string each time though the attributes have values set.
Below is a link to my class file.
http://www.megafileupload.com/hPqE/SpecificArtifactType.java
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
2 answers
Hi Paul,
I believe you would have to write an operation participant that is triggered to re-populate the set on some operation, like a work item save.
Here is a post with an example of an participant:
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/
Paul, have you set the dependencies to the other two attributes? If it is a calculated attribute, the calculation would be triggered by a change to either of them only if there is a dependency in the attribute customization.
Comments
1 vote