It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to format an attribute in DOORS NG

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Aug 08 '15, 2:42 a.m.
 Hello

I am trying to create a list with bullets/numbers in the one of the attribute columns . But I see that the option is greyed out when i edit that field. I want to know if you can perform all these operations such as edit font, color, create lists, insert images etc in the Attribute columns . Btw the datatype is string . Please let me know. Many thanks!

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Aug 09 '15, 7:03 a.m.

The main problem is , when I export the DOORS module to Word, the sentences and numbering are in a hapazard manner. The sentences dont appear one after the other

Donald Nong commented Aug 10 '15, 1:12 a.m.

What "attribute" do you mean? The content of a requirement artifact should be in the "primary text", and it does support some of the edit features that you mentioned. Some screen shots may be helpful for others to understand your issue.

lakshmi shree commented Aug 10 '15, 1:37 a.m.

Hello Donald

I have added a column called Fault Parameters with String datatype. I would like to enter the list of faults with bullets/numbering. But I am not able to, since it is not the primary text field. It would be great if we could all the other fields too like the primary text field.

Unfortunately, I am unable to upload the screenshot because I need to have a reputation higher than 60 to do that apparently! Any tips on how to improve my reputation? Thanks in advance!

Donald Nong commented Aug 10 '15, 2:19 a.m.

About the reputation, you can find it out in the FAQ.
https://jazz.net/forum/faq/#q7

Before you reach the required reputation, you can always upload the image somewhere else and put the link here.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 10 '15, 2:17 a.m.
As far as I know, the Primary Text is the only attribute that support Rich Text including bullets and numbering. For the other custom and non-custom data types, there are some limitations. See below document for details.
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_6.0.0/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_create_data_type.html
lakshmi shree selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.