It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Testplan linked to several testcases link to several individual testscripts

Michael Welch (133) | asked Jul 21 '15, 8:06 a.m.

I need help creating a cfg, I have tried unsuccessfully for a while now to create a testplan "1.0.0.0" and link several testcases (ASOO-789, ASOO-765, etc.) to the testplan.  That's not all, I also need the test cases to have their own testscripts (aside:  each testcase has over 6 unique testscripts that are not held in common with other testcases).  As far as I can get is creating a testplan-->testscripts--> that puts every testscript under every testcase. 

I have something that looks like this

TestPlan     TestCase     TestScript

ASOO_789

Analysis

Evaluation

T-Merge

ASOO-765  

Alicorp

Stick

FlowC

Thanks for any help

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 21 '15, 8:13 p.m.
Hi, Michael

If you separate testplan and test case in one sheet and test script in another sheet, you should be able to achieve what you want. Here are some main points to consider:

1) put testplan, test case in one sheet and test script in another sheet.
testplan/testcase sample can be similar to TestPlan with TestCases 001.xls

2) use testplan.XLSWorksheetID/testcase.XLSWorksheetID and testscript.XLSWorksheetID to specify sheet name
3) you should have External ID column for test script so that when creating test script, external id is specified.
4) now in test case sheet, there should be one column for testscript external id. NOTE:
all the scripts you want to associate with the same test case should have the external id in the same column but separated with new line
5) in cfg file, you can use testcase.testscript=Link(I) to link test case with multiple test scripts, in which I column is the testscript external ids specified in test case sheet in 4).

I hope this helps to move forward. Thanks
Michael Welch selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Welch commented Jul 22 '15, 7:11 a.m. | edited Sep 20 '15, 4:04 p.m.

Thank you so much for all the help.  I finally got it to work!

Michael Welch commented Jul 22 '15, 1:35 p.m.

Okay, I thought I had this but apparently I am doing something wrong.  I still cant get testcase to link to testscript.  Here is my cfg:

testcase.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet1"
testcase.dc:title=A
testcase.testscript=Link(B)

testscript.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet2"
testscript.XLSStartRow=1
testscript.dc:title=A
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

I am new to this and can't figure out where I am going wrong.

Don Yang commented Jul 22 '15, 9:04 p.m. | edited Jul 22 '15, 9:05 p.m.

I don't see the external id is specified anywhere when creating the test scripts. you will need to use keyword XLSArtifactID to specify the external id for test script. For example: testscript.XLSArtifactID= C, supposed in Excel C column you have external id specified for each test script. Then the same id should be in B column in test case sheet given that you use testcase.testscript=Link(B) to link the test case and test script.
As explained before, B column may have multiple test script ids for one test case as one test case has multiple test scripts associated, and each id should be in its own line(all ids in one cell though)
for example:
test case               testscript ids
ASOO_789            testscript Analysis corresponding id
                               testscript Evaluation id
 ASOO-765          testscript Stick id
                             testscript FlowC id

the ids are specified in testscript sheet's C column as well for each script.
Then in the cfg file, move the test script above test case(I am not sure if this matters though, we want to make sure test scripts are created before the test case so that test case can link the scripts properly (id is created so that we can use it but not very sure if the order matters here))

Michael Welch commented Jul 23 '15, 7:09 a.m.

That was a stupid move on my part.  I had the ids but I did not link them.  This works.  Thanks again

One other answer

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Jul 21 '15, 11:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
yes the test scripts belong to the test cases.  When you create execution records you can select which test script is associated with the TCER.  Remember it is TCERs that are executed and results associated with them so this is where you specify the test script that you want to associate with the execution.  Unfortunately they are not locked so someone could choose a different script in the drop down selection upon execution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.