It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with attribute value with csv export in RTC

Ashwath G (6623550) | asked Jul 21 '15, 2:31 a.m.
retagged Jul 31 '15, 2:50 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Hello,

I have created an attribute type called "Project Name" of "Work Item" type in a work item. This Project Name attribute is a searchable to add the work item.

When we run a query and display this "Project Name" field as a column , the out put is "Project Id: Summary" format.
But when i export the same query out put to csv file , the Project Name Column only diaplying "Project Id" alone not the summary along with it.

Do we have some work around to get summary also to export. This is important for us to display the summary also for reporting purpose.

Kindly suggest some work around on this issue...if possible.

Thank You Very Much....in advance..!

One answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jul 21 '15, 5:32 a.m.
Hi Aswath,

Please add the column into the export query.

Select the work item attributes to display as column headings in the output. By default, the columns that are specified on the query editor Column Display page are used. You can modify the default selections to customize the resulting output.

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_exporting_work_items.html?lang=en

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Ashwath G commented Jul 21 '15, 7:26 a.m.

Hello Arun,

Thanks for your inputs. i have tried exporting the attribute value using "Internal Value" instead "Label". But still the column attribute of type "Work item list " is displaying the #Unique Id (like #42) of Work item in csv export column value not with complete summary.

This is an issue must be...with csv export.Is there any thing else we can look at.

Thank you...!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.