It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can i get file with the help of UUID

vikas v (15419) | asked Jul 15 '15, 7:16 a.m.
Hello,

I am having  File UUID and with the help of this UUID i want to download file from server using plain java Api.

or is there any way to get the File web link using this UUID ? 

If some more details required then let me know.

Regards,
Vikas

One answer

permanent link
Melissa Kivisto (2871121) | answered Jul 15 '15, 9:12 a.m.
edited Jul 15 '15, 9:16 a.m.
Hi Vikas,

It is possible to use the UUID of the file to build a web link.  Notice if you access a file from the web, the UUID is in the URL:
https://mkivisto.canlab.ibm.com:9443/ccm/web/projects/SCM%20Workshop#action=com.ibm.team.scm.browseElement&workspaceItemId=_5KSp6-3OEeSPSe3NHeogNQ&componentItemId=_4M_vW-2zEeSPSe3NHeogNQ&itemType=com.ibm.team.filesystem.FileItem&itemId=_4g-EoCmSEeW2AYtWIdydbw

I was playing around a bit and i wasn't able to remove any of the elements of the URL, but I didn't try all combinations.  Also note, I got to this URL by navigating from Source Control > Stream > myStream > myComponent > myFile

Edit to add:  I'm not super familiar with the Java API to give you pointers, but you should be able to use the UUID to get the file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.