It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you force a specific time zone to display in RTC?

Mike Ballard (681610) | asked Jun 20 '15, 12:08 p.m.

When displaying an attribute of type timestamp in RTC, the Web & Eclipse client both default to displaying the time in the local time zone. 

I have already tried setting the Work Environment to the preferred time zone, but that doesn't seem to alter the display of a work item's editor presentation.

Is there a way to force the Web & Eclipse clients to display a specific time zone (ie: UTC) regardless of the local time zone?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 21 '15, 9:51 p.m.
I am not aware of any functionality that can address such issue. The "work location" that you mentioned only affects planning, not displaying attributes.

Maybe you can create a custom attribute of short string type to shadow the timestamp attribute, use a script to convert the values between these two attributes and only show the short string field in the editor presentation.

Comments
Mike Ballard commented Jun 23 '15, 7:08 p.m.

Donald,

Thanks for the reply.  I am going to keep looking to see if there is a clean way to accomplish this. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.