It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the 5.0.2 RTC Build Toolkit download not version compatible with the 5.0.2 server?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Jun 03 '15, 9:40 a.m.
 I have a user who is trying to use the RTC 5.0.2 Build Toolkit on Linux.  We downloaded the RTC-BuildSystem-Toolkit-Linux-5.0.2.zip file for him to install.  Our server is running version 5.0.2 with iFix 4 installed. They are building some custom ant tasks using the toolkit.  When they try using the compiled ant tasks, the receive the following exception:

BuildResults.artifactFileRetrieverSGSS.no.builds exception was: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1241W The following model has a version mismatch: com.ibm.team.build. The server version is 12 and the client version is 15. The client and server version must match. To check the overall version of the client, click Help > About and verify that the client is compatible with server version 5.0.2 and build ID RJF-I20141028-1603.

The version information from his installed Build System is:
# build version properties for RTC-Buildsystem

buildIdPrefix=RTC
buildId=RTC-I20141031-0926
product.release.label=5.0.2
product.iteration.label=

product.release.filename.version=5.0.2.0-RTC-I20141031-0926
product.release.artifact.version=5.0.2000.RTC-I20141031-0926-r502

Does anyone have any idea why these are not compatible?  What else is getting in the way?

Thanks,
Jamie.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 03 '15, 10:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is working for me using the Windows version for 5.0.2. Are you sure you downloaded the right version?
The toolkit seems to complain that it has a way higher version than the server: "The server version is 12 and the client version is 15."

Did you accidentally download a beta release for 6.x? Or maybe there is an issue with the IFixes? In this case I would suggest to contact support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.