It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How are execution states copied with copySettings script in RQM 5.0.2 ?

Danny Müller (117920) | asked May 26 '15, 8:15 a.m.
We copy project properties with the copySettings tool.
Introducing execution states we discovered that these settings are not copied when using copySettings.bat
The settings.txt exported from the source project is showing execution states, here are the first few lines:
com.ibm.rqm.execution={"EXECUTION_RESULT_STATES_SETTINGS"\:[{"visible"\:true,"scope"\:0,"stepVisible"\:false,"id"\:"com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.paused","name"\:"Paused","_eQualifiedClassName"\:"com.ibm.rqm.execution.rest.dto\:ExecutionResultStateDTO","severity"\:-2,"itemId"\:"_XSN_QqQ7EeOiFtTHe0deQQ"},
The script shows a successful run but the target project is not updated with execution states.
We use a command siliar to this:
cd /d D:\pathpathpath\server\conf\qm\tools\projectSettings
copySettings.bat /SS https://alias.company.com:9443/ /SU admin /SP *** /SA PropertiesCopySource /DA PropertiesCopyTarget
How can I copy the execution states?
I asked a similar question around one year ago but this is not the same issue:

More problems using the copySettings script in RQM 4.0.5

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered May 27 '15, 5:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
 Danny

The execution states are getting copied with copySettings tool just like other project properties; But if you are not seeing changes reflated in target project then please check the permission settings - referred user should have permission to save Execution States. The copySettings tool doesn't report access right related failures at the console.

Comments
Danny Müller commented May 27 '15, 6:40 a.m.

Thank you for the answer. I wasn't aware of this.
The user in question has and had the permission to "Save Execution States". But it looks like I'm not allowed to add execution states anyhow.
I'll update here on my progress if any.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.