It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to generate query on how many defects were REOPENED in a month?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Apr 30 '15, 7:00 p.m.

I have been trying to generate a monthly report which will give me details on the DEFECTS that got reopened within a month. Not just the ones that currently have the status as Reopened but also the ones that are now closed but were reopened within that month.

Is there a way to get such a result?

Please let me know.

One answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Apr 30 '15, 8:07 p.m.
edited Apr 30 '15, 8:08 p.m.
 Using JRS, RRDI or some BIRT custom report.

RTC queries are limited when looking over historical data.

Comments
Pravin Patil commented May 01 '15, 1:28 p.m.

I am using RTC and not RM or QM.

Based on my reading, I see BIRT is more recommended for reporting.
Which do you think is more better reporting tool in terms of cost, usability and setup, for RTC alone?

Tiago Moura commented May 01 '15, 2:12 p.m.

You put a lot of parameters in your question, but I will try to explain my point of view about the 3 options:

JRS is good option to build reports a little bit more complex, but it is quite simple compared to what you can do with custom BIRT reports and RRDI. However it is a easy to use tool and simple to setup.

Custom BIRT reports you can do "what you want" since you are accessing the data warehouse, but needs some expertise to implement. Without any complex setup is a good option.

RRDI is a complet solution to reporting, it is not so simple to use and have a considerably learning curve. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.