It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query the BIRT Snapshots(Workitem,Common Snapshot through java

Mridula Priya (111113) | asked Apr 29 '15, 5:04 a.m.
 Can I query the Snapshot tables through Java?Please provide an example

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Apr 29 '15, 5:52 a.m.
Hi Mridula,
This is rather BIRT question that RTC. You can find on stackoverflow how to set datasource: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3244468/how-to-set-a-datasource-for-a-birt-report-programmatically. Getting it should be similar.

Anyway I am a little worried about your test case. What is the reason that you want to fetch BIRT snapshots programatically instead of using existing reporting solutions (BIRT, JRS, RRDI or Insight)?

Comments
Mridula Priya commented Apr 29 '15, 6:57 a.m. | edited Apr 29 '15, 7:26 a.m.

Hi,

What is the driver class I should use for the jazz data source...connection string all? 
I want to extract the information provided by the snapshots. 

Donald Nong commented Apr 29 '15, 11:46 p.m.

If you want to build a Java application to has reporting capability, you probably need to build it on top of the BIRT framework and RTC. Once you have both installed in the same Eclipse shell, you should create a new BIRT data source of the type "Jazz Data Source" to access the snapshots.

Rafik Jaouani commented Apr 30 '15, 2:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you just need access to the data, I would recommend using JDBC to connect to the data warehouse and SQL for the queries.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.