It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a new Y series without optional Y series grouping

sri sudarsana (181216) | asked Mar 23 '15, 12:26 a.m.
edited Mar 23 '15, 10:46 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
 I have a requirement to create 3 Y series.Out of which 2 Y series requires Optional grouping and one doesn't.So how to create a y serie without optional grouping in a chart.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 23 '15, 6:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This question does make no sense at all to me. Please provide context e.g. what a 3 Y series is and what you do here.

sri sudarsana commented Mar 23 '15, 8:16 a.m.

Actually my requirement is to disable the optional y-series  grouping  when i create new y series.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 23 '15, 8:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no term "Y series" in RTC so the question does not make any sense. There is no optional Y series grouping either. So I'd suggest to explain what you do in which the context using RTC terms.

sri sudarsana commented Mar 23 '15, 10:26 a.m.

i mean with respect to Chart in the BIRT reports.i tried to add the image but its not allowing me to do so . I am talking about BIRT chart context.

sri sudarsana commented Mar 24 '15, 12:39 a.m.

when we try to add a chart in BIRT  we have "Select data" section to it.In the "Select data" section we have "Category (X) Series" , "Value Y Series" and "Optional Y Series Grouping". Among this we can add many series to "Value Y series" depending upon our requirement. Now say suppose i create 2 series namely "Y1" and "Y2" in "Value Y Series".I would like to use the "Optional Y Series Grouping" for "Y1" and disable it for "Y2".Please let me know how to acheive this.Is there a way to do this?

Please let me know if my context is still not clear.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.