It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a new Y series without optional Y series grouping

sri sudarsana (18816) | asked Mar 23 '15, 12:26 a.m.
edited Mar 23 '15, 10:46 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (59.0k23642)
 I have a requirement to create 3 Y series.Out of which 2 Y series requires Optional grouping and one doesn't.So how to create a y serie without optional grouping in a chart.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 23 '15, 6:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This question does make no sense at all to me. Please provide context e.g. what a 3 Y series is and what you do here.

sri sudarsana commented Mar 23 '15, 8:16 a.m.

Actually my requirement is to disable the optional y-series  grouping  when i create new y series.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 23 '15, 8:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no term "Y series" in RTC so the question does not make any sense. There is no optional Y series grouping either. So I'd suggest to explain what you do in which the context using RTC terms.

sri sudarsana commented Mar 23 '15, 10:26 a.m.

i mean with respect to Chart in the BIRT reports.i tried to add the image but its not allowing me to do so . I am talking about BIRT chart context.

sri sudarsana commented Mar 24 '15, 12:39 a.m.

when we try to add a chart in BIRT  we have "Select data" section to it.In the "Select data" section we have "Category (X) Series" , "Value Y Series" and "Optional Y Series Grouping". Among this we can add many series to "Value Y series" depending upon our requirement. Now say suppose i create 2 series namely "Y1" and "Y2" in "Value Y Series".I would like to use the "Optional Y Series Grouping" for "Y1" and disable it for "Y2".Please let me know how to acheive this.Is there a way to do this?

Please let me know if my context is still not clear.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.