It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I see attributes on linked artifacts in RM at multiple levels (Module based)?

Jamie Berry (14014196) | asked Mar 06 '15, 10:05 a.m.
We have some users that are coming to DOORS NextGen from traditional DOORS who are concerned about the apparent loss of the ability to have a view that shows attributes from artifacts, and attributes from the artifacts linked to the first set of artifacts, and so on (drill down multiple levels).  This was easily obtainable in DOORS and appears to be missing in DNG.

When browsing artifacts (out of Module context) you can have the links displayed in a tree view, which allows for display of the linked items attributes.  This might help mitigate their concern, however I haven't been able to get it to work for artifacts in a Module.  Am I missing something?  I have some artifacts in a module that have links to other artifacts in other modules.  When viewing from the Module, I see the links, but when I look at the base artifact, the module links aren't showing up.  The tree view option is only available when browsing artifacts, which don't have the module context. 

Is there any way to get this type of information in real-time dynamic views out of DNG?

Thanks,
Jamie.

Comments
Alastair Beadle commented Mar 09 '15, 6:29 a.m.

I can get the tree view working on attributes in a module context on 5.0.0. Not on the base attribute, as you say, but that is because the links come from the attribute 'where used' in the module not from the base copy. If I just select an artefact and then click the 'Links Explorer' under 'Selected Artifact' (not 'Module') in the sidebar the tree seems to work fine. What version of CLM are you using?

Jamie Berry commented Mar 09 '15, 8:50 a.m.

I have tried it in 4.0.2 and 5.0.1.  I know about the link explorer, but that is not what I am looking for.  I am looking for a way to show multiple levels of linkage in the "query view".  Kirk mentions below that there is a work item in the backlog requesting the addition of the multiple level results.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Mar 06 '15, 1:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Note that this currently only goes 1 level deep though.  There is a work item in the backlog to expand this (Multi-level Traceability View (59436))
Jamie Berry selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Jianoula Papadakis Kantos (16535) | answered Mar 06 '15, 11:22 a.m.
edited Mar 06 '15, 11:23 a.m.
You can display attributes of linked artifacts within link columns.  You can do this as follows:
(1) Open the module
(2) display a link type in a column with attributes showing
-------- Select Configure page settings > Configure columns to display
--------
From the Change column display settings window, add a link type to the Column to show section, and select the link type in the column.  Notice when you select the link type, the Format button is enabled.  Click on the Format button.  You may now choose attributes to display in the link column.

Hope this helps!
/Yianna

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Mar 09 '15, 8:48 a.m.

Thank you for pointing this out.  I had not seen the Format option.  Also, as Kirk mentions below, this only allows going 1 level deep at the moment.  Hopefully the backlog item will eventually make it off the backlog.

permanent link
Javier Hernandez (1123) | answered Jul 26 '16, 3:31 a.m.
Hello,

I have tried to display attributes in a column in DOORS NG from a work item in CCM. This Work Item is linked to a user Story in our Backlog in DOORS NG thanks to an "implemented by" relationship.

I just get the message Link text display: "Trim words to fit" or "Wrap word to show all", when I try the steps describes in the comment of Jianoula Papadakis Kantos.

Is it not possible to display information of a Work Item in CCM when you are in DOORS NG?Is it a right access problem? Is it not the correct link type?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.