It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do validators work

Anitha Nalluri (311010) | asked Mar 03 '15, 3:57 a.m.
converted to question Mar 05 '15, 2:21 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
Hi,

I have a validator which returns ERROR but still the work item is saved.

I have enabled Attribute Validation in Pre conditions, but still I am able to save the workitem with ERROR validation result.

"You need to configure this Validation precondition with your validator."

I do not see any configuration options for Attribute Validation precondition.

Please help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 05 '15, 2:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please don't post new questions as answers to questions that have already been accepted.

Unless you get more specific in your question, please read https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 Lab 4 and 5 for how to configure the operational behavior (pre-condition) for validators.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 05 '15, 4:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We discussed this and one thing to notice is that operational behavior is, other than permissions, not cumulative. If multiple roles have operational behavior configured, the first matching configuration for the first role in the order of the roles is executed.

If several roles are configured e.g. Developer, Team Lead, Everyone, and they are configured differently, the behavior with a user with one of these roles in the context will be different.

If behavior should be performed for multiple roles, you have to add the desired behavior to all those roles, otherwise it will not be executed. The operational behavior for the role Everyone is not always performed for all users, especially if operational behavior for other roles is configured.

See: https://jazz.net/library/article/292 for how this works.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.