It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

custom attribute value in plan view is not displayed : n/a

Roger Layani (5313238) | asked Nov 20 '14, 9:55 a.m.
 I have added a new custom attribute .
I also have added to my plan view attributes and add column to reflect this attribute values
unfortunately this entire column is displayed with value "n/a"

what is my problem ?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Nov 21 '14, 1:17 a.m.

The problem is that you have not provided enough information for others to help you. For example, what type of custom attribute have you added? Have you done plan attribute mapping? What type of plan view are you using?

Canberk Akduygu commented Nov 21 '14, 2:42 a.m. | edited Nov 21 '14, 3:40 a.m.

As far as I understand from your question. You need to add your custom attribute to plan attributes:

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 21 '14, 3:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
n/a is usually shown, if there is no value in the attribute, or the attribute is not available in the work item (e.g. not in the type or not made available by synchronize attributes).

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Nov 24 '14, 1:06 a.m.
If custom attribute is "Large HTML" type, then it will show n/a in Web client but not in Eclipse client. Web client may not have exact behavior as how it works in Eclipse client. We usually consider this as "working as designed" but if you want to know whether this should be a defect or RFE(because of different behavior between Eclipse and Web), you may want to contact support team.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.