It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to convert one workitem type to the other ?

Surender Biyyala (403848) | asked Nov 05 '14, 1:18 a.m.
Hi All,

The following is my scenario where I want to convert Epic to feature.
we are trying to implement the scaled agile framework for which we want to add new workitem type Feature and this feature is replacing the existing epic .

I created Feature work item type taking the epic template as the starting template and added few more fields in addition to the existing one`s.

now I want to convert all the existing Epic to Feature.

My question is there any way that we can achieve using the RTC SDK API?

Thanks
Surender

2 answers

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Nov 05 '14, 8:05 a.m.
We did this recently when we removed a "layer" of our hierarchy.  We loaded the work items that we wanted to convert over and then did:
        workItem.setWorkItemType(targetType.getId());

then handled any attribute changes (adding/removing custom attributes from the work item object)
and saved out the work item.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 05 '14, 9:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/using-an-expression-to-synchronize-attributes-for-work-items-of-a-specific-type/ for how to do the synchronize attributes. However, I think the work item will get the attributes needed for the new type immediately (and retain the old ones from the old type as well).

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 05 '14, 2:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Surender,
not sure if this can be achieved through API,
but you can convert your work items by synchronizing attributes
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_updating_custom_attributes.html

Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.