It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dynamic Column generation in scripted dataset ,BIRT

sri sudarsana (181216) | asked Oct 13 '14, 1:54 a.m.
Hi All,
I have a requirement to create a table dynamically in BIRT. In this scenario, the columns of the scripted data set is dynamic.Is it possible to dynamically populate the scripted data set with dynamic column generation and to create a table based on that dynamically generated data set? 

Please me know is it feasible to do this way.If so , please provide me an example code snippet or rptdesign file.

Thanks in advance.  

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Oct 17 '14, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I doubt you can do that. But I could be wrong. I think you should ask this question in the BIRT forums as this is really a general BIRT question that is not specific to RTC.
If it is not possible, you could always not use a scripted data set but have the report generate HTML tables dynamically through scripting (Dynamic Text).

Comments
sri sudarsana commented Nov 13 '14, 1:26 a.m.

Hi Rafik,

Can you please tell me in what scenarios cross tab is been useful.Will my requirement be fulfilled by crosstab. If so may i know how? 

Rafik Jaouani commented Nov 13 '14, 3:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sri. There is a lot of material in the WEB about BIRT cross-tab support. Cross-tabs give you more options than tables on how to visualize your data. They may work for your case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.