It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Oracle "insufficient priviledges"

Matthew Choppen (111) | asked Sep 23 '14, 11:45 a.m.
 Upgrading JTS (upgrade_jts.sh) from Version 4.0.3 to 5.0.0 the following error occurs whilst CREATE TABLE TEMP_REQUIREMENT_PTEXT_STG ( EXTERNAL_ID VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL, PTEXT VARCHAR(4000) NOT NULL ) TABLESPACE VNF_32K;
"insufficient priviledges"

The both users (repository.db and datawarehouse.db) have DBA, create table, create session........

We have even tried to grant sysdba with the same results......

The "hidden" users: CONFIG, RIASSET, RICALM, RIDW, RIODS, RISCHK, RPTUSER all have DBA permissions, create table, create session....

Who is trying to create the table TEMP_REQUIREMENT_PTEXT_STG and where!

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 23 '14, 10:09 p.m.

Maybe you can try to verify it with SQL*Plus? First Confirm the connection information of the Oracle database first in teamserver.properties file, then connect to the Oracle database using the same Oracle user, and run the CREATE TABLE statement quoted in the above error.

Matthew Choppen commented Sep 24 '14, 1:07 a.m.

Hi Donald,
Already tried with each user that I know to connect and create the table, but they all work without errors, its only the upgrade script that fails.... 

Matthew Choppen commented Sep 24 '14, 1:13 a.m.

Is there anyway to turn on extra debugging for the SQL querries with the update Scripts? 

Donald Nong commented Sep 25 '14, 8:10 a.m.

Not sure how to turn on extra debugging at this stage. But it appears that the error is thrown when running "repotools-jts -addTables" command (called by upgrade_jts.sh). See if you can find the file server/repotools-jts_addTables.log and it may contain more information.

Matthew Choppen commented Sep 25 '14, 8:36 a.m.

This is the logfile I found the CREATE TABLE statement in, unfortunately all the login names in the connection strings are xxxxx'ed out !

One answer

permanent link
Gail Burati (611) | answered Sep 25 '14, 8:28 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Matthew -

I'm wondering if it could possibly be the directory/file permissions on the data warehouse folder or the VNF_32K*.ORA file itself. This folder is determined by the com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.base.folder property in your server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties file. It's a long shot as it seems like you'd have it other problems if this were the case but it is a quick thing to check.

Gail

Comments
Matthew Choppen commented Sep 25 '14, 8:34 a.m.

datawarehouse directory permissions are fine, I have read-write access.... The VNF_32K*.ORA files are on the Oracle Server to which I have no direct access (It's hosted by a provider).... If that were the case I wouldn't be able to create the table by hand !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.