It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to query based on the Rank of the workitem ?

Surender Biyyala (403548) | asked Sep 02 '14, 6:01 a.m.
 Hi All,

I`m Using RTC 4.0.5 and I have the requirement of querying based on the rank of the work-item and also need to add these to the display column of the query result.

I`m not able to see this field when I`m trying to query or add it to the display columns.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks
Surender

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 02 '14, 6:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Surender,

as far as I am aware, the rank of a work item is something that is relative to a plan. There used to be a calculated attribute Rank and Rank (relative to Priority) that you were able to display. However, as it does not make sense to be able to display them in a query result, because the rank only makes sense in the plan, it was archived. I don't think you can display the new rank, and as it is not global, I am not sure it would make sense to be able to.

Comments
Surender Biyyala commented Sep 03 '14, 1:12 a.m.

Thanks Ralph Schoon.

One of our Project teams need to export the rank so that  it will help them to derive possible options of combinations of epics to be scoped in release backlog while doing release planning – doing such options via spreadsheet is deemed easier for large projects having backlog of 80-100 epics.

so there any way that I can achieve it.

I see an enhancement 

but it is still new.Are there any plans to implement this.

Thanks
Surender

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 03 '14, 1:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can not comment on plans to implement, as I am not making the plans. An indicator that things are planned is that a work item is planned for a specific iteration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.