It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can the RTC eclipse client be extended?

Sean Burke (3789144247) | asked Aug 29 '14, 2:59 p.m.
 It seems like the native rtc client can't be extended.   If you want to have say a Toad plugin with your RTC client you would need native eclipse and the P2 RTC pluggin and than install your other pluggins.  Can you verify?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 29 '14, 3:24 p.m.

sorry, not sure what you are asking..
I have built up a multi-function eclipse a couple ways
my plugins are WTP app dev, Android App dev, perl app, SFDC app plugin, and of course RTC.

1. base eclipse, add plugins, including RC P2
2. RTC shipped eclipse with P2 pre-installed, add other plugins..
     some conflicts I could never figure out, been a few years since I tried this.     
3. multi-function eclipse, add RTC P2, add other plugins.

generally depends on how much work you want to do. I have been saving the working eclipse folder, and copying, then adding more plugins..  use same eclipse workspaces

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 30 '14, 6:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
By the "native rtc client", I assume you mean the Eclipse client you can download from jazz.net that already has the RTC plugin installed?   What made you think that you couldn't extend this client?   You would just use the normal Eclipse mechanisms to add in your additional plug-ins.   I have seen some cases where a plug-in is not well behaved (i.e. it stomps on already installed plug-ins), and so it is sometimes better to first install that plug-in, and then install the RTC plug-in (which is well behaved, and does not stomp on already installed plug-ins).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.