It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to connect to RTC through Eclipse

Gaurav Tapadkar (2713) | asked Jul 10 '14, 9:58 a.m.
We have few users having difficulty to login to our Jazz (4.0.4) instance from Eclipse (Helios and Kepler) from outside network. They are using proxy to connect to Jazz and through browser it is working fine. 

Eclipse should ideally use the same proxy from browser but with native proxy eclipse is not getting the connection. Even after changing proxy in eclipse network connection to manual and setting it same as browser proxy for HTTP and HTTPS with PORT 8080 it is giving below errors for different users.

CRJAZ2384E Cannot connect to the repository at URL "https://jazzsite/ccm", see the nested exception for more details.
Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.1 403 PortcullisNoMatch"

CRJAZ1247E The request to the server failed. The server returned the HTTP error 407 with this error text: Proxy Authentication Required.

Let me know if anyone encountered similar issue.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 10 '14, 10:05 a.m. | edited Jul 10 '14, 10:07 a.m.

how did they configure the proxy in Eclipse? what userid/password did they use?

Window->Preferences->General->Network->https->.....url, port, userid and password

Eclipse does not use the browser proxy configuration

Gaurav Tapadkar commented Jul 10 '14, 10:11 a.m. | edited Jul 10 '14, 10:36 a.m.

Yes, with Active provider as "Native" connection is unsuccessful.

Proxy is configured from Window->Preferences->General->Network Connections-> Active Provider - Manual -> HTTP (Port 8080) and HTTPS (Port 8080 or 443) and do not select Required Authentication.

sam detweiler commented Jul 10 '14, 10:19 a.m.

provider should be manual I assume.

also, how is the web proxy configured?  I would guess there is a userid/password (given where u are)

One answer

permanent link
Gaurav Tapadkar (2713) | answered Jul 10 '14, 11:05 a.m.
Web proxy is configured through automatic proxy configuration script and we did not add any userid/password for that.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 10 '14, 11:45 a.m.

how are u auto-proxying from outside the firewall?

Gaurav Tapadkar commented Jul 10 '14, 12:10 p.m.

autoproxy is a CGI script which internally takes care of the authentication. I do not have insight on how it handles it.

sam detweiler commented Jul 10 '14, 12:27 p.m.

you do not get that function in eclipse.. you will have to hard code the userid/password for each user

to protect those entries, you will need to turn on secure storage

window->preferences->security->secure storage

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.