It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

visual Studio 2008 - Can Not share existed project in Jazz

Ming Xia (211710) | asked Apr 13 '09, 6:43 a.m.
Hi, Here is a issue:

Following the Help "Working in the client for Visual Studio"->"Adding projects to the repository", I couldn't share existing project in Jazz.

For existing project, the Help says "In the Solution Explorer tool window, right-click the solution and select Share Project(s) in Jazz." In fact, there is no "Share Project in Jazz" if I right-clicked the solution.

However, If I create a new project with "Share project in jazz", it works.

So looks like only those projects with "Share project in Jazz" checked can be put in Jazz.

Is there anyone who can check that?

Visual Studio 2008

3 answers

permanent link
Christine Kim (7131) | answered Apr 14 '09, 1:10 a.m.
Hi,

Can you provide us the following information ?
- What version of RTC is installed ?
- If you are using RTC 2.0 Beta, did you try in previous version of RTC whether the same problem occur ?
- What version of .NET Net framework is installed?
- What is sp version of Windows XP ?

Please refer the following information for your check.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/betas/VisualStudioClientBeta2

We checked in our environment (RTC 1.0.1.1) and there is "Share project in jazz" menu available. The VS integration setup initially and there was no existing project so cannot check for existing project.

- Can you try any other existing projects ? The same problem occur for all existing projects ?

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

permanent link
Christine Kim (7131) | answered Apr 14 '09, 2:03 a.m.
reply from the questioner.

---
Thanks, I used RTC1011 for both of my issues.

I have some other urgent thing to do, so I will feedback you with details a few days later.
---

When we get more details from customer, we will test it in our environment and check with our development team.

permanent link
Sandeep Kohli (1413) | answered Apr 27 '09, 7:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The reason could be that the project is already source controlled with some other source control provider, in which case the menu option will be disabled. You would need to disconnect from the existing scc provider before you can use jazz scm as your scc provider.

Following article will provide some details.

https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/source-control/visualstudio_addtosrc/index.html

Sandeep
Development Lead, RTC for Visual Studio client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.