It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to use the RAM CLI to update the "Name" value for an asset version?

Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | asked Apr 01 '14, 11:03 p.m.
I am trying to find a scripted way to update the Name: value for some of my assets.  When I try to use "ram set" it doesn't seem to think that Name is an attribute.

[chrisr@ratsy ~]$ ram set FEFB99F4-D24D-BB59-A4F3-DC80A301A451 1.1 -a Name=Testing_RAMCLI
No attribute constraint named Name exists for asset type Component.  A self defined attribute was created for this asset.
Package FEFB99F4-D24D-BB59-A4F3-DC80A301A451[1.1] has been updated.
The command completed successfully.

I also tried things like id and assetid, but none of those worked either, and they all created extra attributes for my asset.  Is there an an attribute that will allow me to update what is called the Name in the GUI?

Thanks,
Chris

One answer

permanent link
Bryan Song (761) | answered Apr 02 '14, 2:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Chris,

You could not update the name just use CLI, but you can change the name to some other value in package.json and then republish the asset using publish command, and this will help you to update the name to the new value you set in the json file. Also you can try ram command --help for more information on the command you are using.

Thanks & regards...

Bryan

Ram development team.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.