It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to update RRDI Reporting server URL in Custom report connection of CCM by Jazz Admin

Ahmed Omair (41134) | asked Mar 27 '14, 8:41 a.m.
Dear All,

I am trying to update the reporting server URL (after installing RRDI) in the Custom Report Connection tab in CCM administration. The user i am using has Jazz Admin rights. I change it and save it. I then go to some other page and when i come back it shows me the old URL instead of the one i saved.
When i do this in jts and qm admin the URL is updated and it remains so.

Any idea why it is behaving in such a way for CCM?

Regards,
Ahmed Omair

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 27 '14, 8:48 a.m.

Did you click the "Preview" link after entering the URL and before saving ?

Ahmed Omair commented Mar 27 '14, 8:50 a.m.

Yes! I did

Ahmed Omair commented Mar 27 '14, 8:54 a.m.

Infact whatever field I update in CCM administration it is not updating. The same work fine with the JTS administration.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matthieu Leroux (6571614) | answered Mar 27 '14, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Ahmed,

It looks like you are not able to save the configuration for CCM.
What is your topology? Are JTS and CCM running on the same application server?
Can you check that the user running the application server has rights to update the file /conf/ccm/teamserver.properties
the URL for the report server is saved under the property:
com.ibm.team.reports.service.cognos.cognos.hostAndPort=http\://myreport\:9080/reporting

I hope this helps.
Matthieu

Ahmed Omair selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ahmed Omair commented Mar 30 '14, 2:18 a.m.

Hi Matthieu,

Thanks for your response. The JTS and CCM are on the same windows application server. The JazzAdmin user I am using is an AD user that has administrator privileges on the server. When I change the custom report URI from UI the file you have mentioned is not updated. If I change the file manually and save it, it is not reflected on the UI. Do I need to restart the application server after updating the file manually?

Regards,
Ahmed Omair

Matthieu Leroux commented Mar 31 '14, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ahmed,
yes, any change to the teamserver.properties would require a server restart to be picked up.
before you do that, make sure to haveĀ  a back up of your file system.

although I expect it should do the trick, you should still investigate why the changes made in the CCM administration are are not saved to the teamserver.properties file.

Matthieu

Ahmed Omair commented Apr 02 '14, 6:44 a.m.

Thanks Matthieu

I changed the property in the file you mentioned and restarted the WAS. The change took effect. Also now I am able to change the properties from UI.

Hence Restart of WAS gave me the solution.

Regards,
Ahmed Omair

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.