It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Managing Template Sections

Daniel Chirillo (1801623) | asked Mar 29 '09, 10:33 p.m.
It doesn't seem possible to edit or delete custom template sections. Let's suppose I make a typo when creating a section. Once I've committed, it doesn't seem possible to change the name of that section.

6 answers

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Mar 30 '09, 9:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, both delete and rename of sections should be possible. To rename any section, click on the section name and the field will open up for editing. To delete a section, look for the red X in the upper right corner. Most sections can be deleted, except for Summary I believe. Let me know if that covers what you are looking for.

permanent link
Daniel Chirillo (1801623) | answered Mar 30 '09, 11:07 a.m.
Hi Helen,

Sorry...I wasn't clear. I'd like to be able to modify a section within the asset template (effect future assets created off that template), not within an asset that was created from the template.

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Mar 30 '09, 1:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Looks like the thing to do would be to go into Manage Templates, select your custom template, remove the misspelled section (by moving it from the list on the right to the list on the left), and add a new one in its place. Any new test plans created from that template would then have the new section not the old one. Is that what you mean?

permanent link
Daniel Chirillo (1801623) | answered Mar 30 '09, 3:42 p.m.
Yes, that's the only way I could think of as well. Seems a bit kludgy, though, since "Available" would, in essence, be acting as a recycle bin.

Any chance of getting in an RFE for this? :)

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Mar 31 '09, 8:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sure, I can put one in for you until we enable RQM work items from jazz.net. Exactly what are you asking for -- a Delete function for the left side of the template section manager dialog, so any unused choices can be removed?

permanent link
Daniel Chirillo (1801623) | answered Mar 31 '09, 12:08 p.m.
2 buttons actually: Delete and Edit. Edit is useful in the following scenario: you've put a lot of information in the Description field. After creating the section, you realize you messed up (maybe you put some HTML tags to format the text in the description and you forgot to put an end tag). Instead of typing deleting and recreating, it would be nice to be able to edit.

Thanks a bunch!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.