It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC development for CCM v4.0.5

Dmitry A. Lesin (24826996) | asked Mar 07 '14, 7:06 a.m.
edited Mar 07 '14, 7:08 a.m.
Hello!
I have a question about development of features for CCM server. I have passed all labs in "Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensions Workshop" in CLM 4.0.1 from here:
https://jazz.net/library/article/1000
Everything described perfect! I was successful in all labs.

But now I would like to use the same technics for real development in CLM 4.0.5. I setup all the environment in accordance to the similar information from workshop (both RTC Eclipse and JTS of v4.0.5). But only I have taken some libraries (including launch configurations) from the RTC Workshop. And I can not start debug configuration for verification of connecting to CCM server. Apperantly, the process i s started and occupies port 3388, but the Eclipse console view is empty. And nothing is really launched (and what is especially strange - without both any errors and successful records)!

Can somebody clarify what is wrong? I will appreciate for any recommendations!
Thank you in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 07 '14, 7:10 a.m.
the out of the box startup for product CCM does not configure the debug port at 3388.

I added this to a copy of the server.startup script  (I call it server.startup.debug)
 (note the comment shows you where in the current script this new lines should go)

# JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false"
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=3388"
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Mar 08 '14, 2:58 a.m. | edited Mar 10 '14, 6:10 a.m.

Thank you very much! It's a really simple and perfect idea to use different server.startup for debugging and production.

I already used these options in server.startup. But I also found that the absence of messages in Console view is a proper behavior of the system. When I was trying to debug activities from Jazz CLM, the flow can be intercepted by Eclipse IDE debugger. So everything works perfect!

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 10 '14, 6:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sam, commenting is fine in some cases, but if we end up having questions answered in comments only, we will not be able to use accept to accept the answer and all these questions remain open. Could you use answers, or rearrange your comments, in case they solve the problem?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.