It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does the JTS server require an internet connection?

Wade Towles (33168) | asked Feb 12 '14, 12:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello - I am attempting to configure a JAZZ server version 4.0.5 on a local VMWare instance without being connected to the internet.  I have all the software locally, and I have it installed and the databases created, When I start the JAZZ server while connected to the internet, it starts fine.  However, when I attempt to start it while NOT connected to the internet, on a local host IP address, I get error messages at the JTS load.

Can someone help tell me if this is a real issue?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Feb 12 '14, 5:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The server should still start up fine, the exception is just caught in the console when the host for the help content cannot be accessed.  There was an enhancement request created to suppress the message, but it was rejected since the error is harmless and does not prevent the server from starting normally.

Provide more informative message when unable to connect to help during RTC startup (263160)

IMO it should be re-opened, but looks like someone had already tried that.
Wade Towles selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Wade Towles commented Feb 12 '14, 9:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Benjamin - I was hoping it was something like that.

One other answer

permanent link
Simon Washbrook (67216) | answered Feb 12 '14, 12:44 p.m.
Hi Wade,
pic.dhe.ibm.com hosts the documentation. I can't explain why this would prevent the server from starting however you could try installing the documentation locally. See:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.help.common.rational.remote.web.doc/topics/c_web_del_web.html

Simon

Comments
Wade Towles commented Feb 12 '14, 9:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Simon - I started to install the documentation per the instructions, and ran into an issue - it wants to know which help to install.  I wasn't sure how to answer.  In this case, I will re-install and make sure the documentation is loaded locally.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.