It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Should stories with all tasks estimated display a warning?

Paul Sims (31513421) | asked Mar 18 '09, 10:43 a.m.
As a Rational Team Concert administrator I want to understand why I see a warning that a story has no time estimate so that I can explain the answer in an FAQ.

Tasks contain estimates in hours. Stories contain estimates in story points. Rational Team Concert should treat stories differently and not show the message "The work item is planned but has no estimate specified." Or should it? Is this a defect?

I've seen cases where this message appears in the margin, and cases where it doesn't. What's common to both is that all child tasks of the stories have time estimates in hours, and the stories have estimates in story points.

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

One answer

permanent link
Dirk Baeumer (4811) | answered Mar 25 '09, 5:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paul,

this is a know bug. Please see

64876: Planning reports a warning when a story is scheduled but has no estimate

Dirk

As a Rational Team Concert administrator I want to understand why I see a warning that a story has no time estimate so that I can explain the answer in an FAQ.

Tasks contain estimates in hours. Stories contain estimates in story points. Rational Team Concert should treat stories differently and not show the message "The work item is planned but has no estimate specified." Or should it? Is this a defect?

I've seen cases where this message appears in the margin, and cases where it doesn't. What's common to both is that all child tasks of the stories have time estimates in hours, and the stories have estimates in story points.

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.