It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM execution results startTime and endTime is not updated as provided in excel

Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | asked Feb 07 '14, 6:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Snapshot below shows the startTime and endTime values in execution results created using excel export into RQM. As you notice, irrespective of the dateString format used the value of the time string is consistent.

Impact : The dateStrings are not used as-is. i.e., the time values provided by the sheet and value updated in the artifacts in RQM are different.

The same scenario if tried for custom "date/Timestamp" attributes for eg: A Test Script created with custom date/TimeStamp attribute through excel, it supports the following behavior.

Any pointers?

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 25 '15, 10:54 p.m. | edited Mar 25 '15, 10:54 p.m.

Hi, Sunil

Are you able to make it work as what Erica suggested

==

Example:

Excel file:
Start time:  2009-07-24T13:04:00 

Web UI:
Start time:  7/24/2009, 1:04 PM

==

In my test with ExcelIporter 4.0.5 and 5.0.1 here, if I specify 20014-07-24T11:04:00 as starttime in Excel and then import, it will show the execution start time as 20014-07-24T10:04:00pm (which is  20014-07-24T11:04:00 + 11 and it is UTC+11 for my local time) and the result is the same as having Z at the end or removing it.

The user wants to specify the exact local time as starttime for execution result, but it seems to work like specified time+xx after the import which is not the expected timestamp.

Thanks

Don

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Feb 07 '14, 3:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sunil,
The time in the on the left which has the Z at the end is Zulu time.  Which is same as GMT time.  The right shows the time values that are imported.

Based on the time difference, is the user and or the RQM server in IST time? 
13:04 Z = 6:34 PM IST

I'm not sure what the +0530 is at the end of some of the cells in the Excel spreadsheet, but if the server is in IST, then the time imported is correct.

I hope this helps.
Sunil Kumar R selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sunil Kumar R commented Feb 10 '14, 10:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is there an option to specify the server timezone as a part of the dateString in the excel sheet. So that the value in RQM field appears as in excel sheet?

Best Regards, Sunil

Erica Tran commented Feb 10 '14, 1:19 p.m. | edited Feb 10 '14, 1:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sunil,
The import should always be done on server time.  I just ran a quick test.  With the Z removed, There is no conversion in time.  The format is displayed a little differently in the Web, but the date/time is the same. 

Example:

Excel file:
Start time:  2009-07-24T13:04:00

Web UI:
Start time:  7/24/2009, 1:04 PM

Does this answer your question?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.