It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RTC Java API to get Report Data?

Michael Dundek (41161) | asked Mar 12 '09, 8:54 a.m.
Hello again,

Since I can not retreave the comments of my work items to display in my reports, I decided to create a Java class that uses RTC Java API's to do just that, and call my custom java class directly from Javascript in a report dynamic text element to get the Work Item comments. In the Java perspective, I added all the RTC Java API libraries to the classpath and tested my custom class using the good old main method, and perfect, I get the work item comments.
Now that I know my code is working, I decided to add all the RTC Java API libraries to the "birt\scriptlib" directory, along with my custom class packaged in it's own JAR.
When I execute the report on the previewer, I get an error for that class method call (no details), after adding and removing code from my class, it seemed that the call doesn't work anymore as soon as some RTC API classes are used (the RTC API java imports didn't seem to pose any problem, only trying to instanciate classes from them breaks the call). That looks like a classloader problem, but of course that's only my guess, does anyone knows the solution to that?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Michael Dundek (41161) | answered Mar 18 '09, 4:20 p.m.
I am still having this problem, can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.