It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to create a Module Link to an outside URL using the RM API?

Stephen Valliere (231418) | asked Jan 08 '14, 3:09 p.m.
 I would like to create a Module Link using the EXTERNAL_LINK_TO type to link to a URL. The description of RM.Data.createLink() doesn't seem to have a way to do this. This is the code I tried:

RM.Data.createLink(modRef, RM.Data.LinkTypes.EXTERNAL_LINK_TO, MY_URL, function(result) {
	if(result.code === RM.OperationResult.OPERATION_OK) {
		alert("success");
	} else {
		alert("failure");
	}
});
This code returns a failure. Should I be formatting it differently or is there another function I can use?

Thank you

3 answers

permanent link
Charlie Seo (22127) | answered Jan 12 '14, 6:21 p.m.
Are you using RM Extension? Then, you need to make sure using the correct version (v4.0.5).
Also I think the EXTERNAL_LINK_TO should be a constant linkTypes.

Comments
Stephen Valliere commented Jan 13 '14, 8:30 a.m.

Yes, I am using v4.0.5.

I am not sure I understand what you mean about EXTERNAL_LINK_TO. Is my code incorrect? Can you suggest how it should be formatted?

Charlie Seo commented Jan 13 '14, 6:23 p.m.

From the API, I can see the EXTERNAL_LINK_TO is a constant type and format to use the constant value should be RM.Constants.EXTERNAL_LINK_TO.
Not sure if this is the cause of your issue but at least you could try :)

permanent link
Steve Wood (1162) | answered Jan 17 '14, 11:24 a.m.
Unfortunately there is no way to create or remove external links in the current version of the API, I raised the following enhancement
RM API should offer a way to create and delete external links (84225)

permanent link
Pankaj Sharma (401169) | answered Jan 10 '18, 4:50 p.m.

Hello Everyone

Is there a solution to this yet?
I am having similar problem

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.