It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I remove standard sections from a template in RQM?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | asked Dec 18 '13, 7:52 a.m.
Hi,

I have a custom template named "Test Strategy" which contains some sections that I would like to remove.
From the "Manage Sections" windows of a Template, I want to remove the "Test Cases" section by moving it from the selected sections to the available sections. Unfortunately I cannot do that. Although the Help states that standard sections cannot be deleted, I am not trying to delete it but only remove it from the "Selected sections".
Here's the screenshot of what I am seeing:

Can you please let me know if this is also expected behavior?

I am using RQM v4.0.2., FF ESR 17 and have Admin and Test Team member permissions (the out of the box permissions).

Thanks in advance!
Vicky

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Dec 18 '13, 9:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Vicky.
You can remove the Test Case section for a Test Plan for an individual Test Plan (rather then from a template)
Bring up a Test Plan
Select the Test Case section
On the Upper right hand side select the Red X icon to delete/remove the sections

Delete TC

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Dec 18 '13, 8:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Vicky,
There is an existing RFE (Enhancement request) to remove the Test Case section from a Test Plan

Enhancement 60035
The section "test cases" can not be removed from the test plan template

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=60035

Comments
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented Dec 18 '13, 8:48 a.m.

Hi Ara!

I got into that RFE and noticed that it was rejected. So I assume Rational is not planning to change that RQM works in regards of standard sections of a template.

But what about removing the "Test Cases" section from a test artifact by moving it from the selected sections to the available sections?
Is this supported by RQM? I had understood that used to be supported by RQM.
If so, then which versions of RQM support moving the standard section out of the selected sections?

Thanks in advance!
Vicky

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.