It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting the Project Area

Vipin Menon (333) | asked Dec 11 '13, 7:26 a.m.
 I'm new to JazzHub and have just created a new project .I'm trying to add Members and Admins in the project area but it doesnt let me save the changes.I get the error  "...does not have the required permission to perform the following operation: create a project area in the repository. The "JazzProjectAdmins" repository permission is required to perform this operation. "

4 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Dec 11 '13, 7:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vipin,
Editing the project area settings in the Eclipse client has been disabled.  You can invite people to join your project by navigating to your project's home page in the web client and then clicking the Invite People link in the left column.  Currently, your project can have one admin (the person who created the project).

permanent link
Vipin Menon (333) | answered Dec 11 '13, 8:10 a.m.
 Thanks Lauren . I was actually talking about the jazzHub web client itself.I observe that I can invite people to join my project but what I'm trying to is adding new roles and members to the project from the Project Area . I believe I should be able to do this since Im the creator of the project but JazzHub complains I dont have permissions to the action.
Please advice.

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Dec 11 '13, 8:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vipin,
It's not currently possible to add new roles to JazzHub projects.  You can use the Invite People like to invite people to join your project.  When they accept the invitation, they will be added as members to your project.

permanent link
Vipin Menon (333) | answered Dec 11 '13, 9:35 a.m.
 Thank again.Just to clarify ,does JazzHub not support any sort of changes on the Project Area section ?

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Dec 11 '13, 10:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Correct.  Supported changes can be done on the project home page.  These are things like editing the timeline, project photo, project name, project description, and members.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.