It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ant task: waitForTeamBuild on Abandoned build

Cristian Gheorghe (122) | asked Nov 26 '13, 6:34 p.m.
 Hi there:

Using requestTeamBuild coupled with waitForTeamBuild to start and get status on builds.

Within the context of waitForTeamBuild, I am setting buildStatusProperty and subsequently checking the value of it. If it is *not* OK, then I fail the build. Which is working fine when the build is either Successful or Failed.

However, if I abandon the build (from RTC GUI), buildStatusProperty still gets set to 'OK', with the end result of marking the build as successful (meaning there's no difference between a completed/successful build and an Abandoned build). We've just implemented RRDI reporting and the nightly build results are parsed and cataloged and compared side by side with the Deployment status--at the moment things appear as if we have a Successful build which has not been Deployed, contributing to Management raising eyebrows. I can not have an Abandoned build (which is incomplete, at the very least) show up as 'Successful'. 

The documentation for waitForTeamBuild states the following regarding buildStatusProperty: "The property gets assigned the status of the build, where the value is one of OK, INFO, WARNING, or ERROR.".

My logic for failing the build if buildStatusProperty is *NOT* OK is:
---------------------------------------------------------------
<fail message="MDM.TO_mdmbld_Java_vNext build has failed">
<condition> <not>
<equals arg1="${JavaBuildStatus}" arg2="OK" />
</not> </condition>
</fail>

I am thinking an Abandoned build should set the property of buildStatusProperty to "WARNING" and not "OK".

Many thanks,
Cristian

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.