It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the REST API to bring up list of predfined queries?

Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | asked Nov 21 '13, 7:43 p.m.
I would like to use the REST API to first bring up a list of predefined queries, and then to bring up the results of a specific predefined query. I can't seem to find a way to do this - I've only seen how to manually define a query, not how to select from pre-existing queries. Any ideas?

Comments
Aradhya K commented Nov 22 '13, 12:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What is the complete use case that you are trying here?

If it is for reporting purpose then the work items you are trying to access is already present in the data warehouse.

Mike Shkolnik commented Nov 22 '13, 12:39 p.m.

The idea is to load a list of queries, let the user select a query, then load the resulting work items and their history, then be able to search through the complete history of those work items. I already have the app working based on selected project, category, and iteration (or imported list of work items). I just need to add predefined queries. You can also search for bad child links.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Nov 22 '13, 11:09 a.m.
Does this help:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ResourceOrientedWorkItemAPIv2#Using_Stored_Queries

Mike Shkolnik selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Nov 22 '13, 12:40 p.m.

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.